2007/08/15

My socks!


I got this absolutely lovely package from my sockpal on last Friday. In the pic you can see the socks (mini monkeys), stitchmarkers (with cute skulls on them) and gorgeous hank of yarn (plus an eager furry helper getting to know the socks). You see, my pal was Joni from Union Center Knits and she dyes the yarn herself. It is soft and beautiful, in fact so soft I don't know if I can knit anything with it or shall I keep it on my desk to caress.

Viime perjantaina saapui Sockapalooza-sukkapakettini. Kuvassa sukat, kivoja pääkallosilmukkamerkkejä ja vyyhti ihanaa lankaa (lisäksi myös utelias karvainen apuri tutustumassa sukkiin). Parini oli Joni Union Center Knitsistä ja hän värjää lankaa itse. Lanka on uskomattoman pehmeää, jopa niinkin etten tiedä voinko neuloa siitä mitään vai pidänkö sen vain pöydälläni siliteltävänä.


Due to the heatwave in Finland the "wearing the sock" pic was taken next day in a park in the center of Helsinki where there was cool sea breeze to keep me cool enough to wear the socks for the photo. You see, the monkeys fit me perfectly! Thanks Joni! This is in fact one of the sock patterns I haven't yet knit myself.

Koska sää oli kaikkea muuta kuin viileä ja sukkaystävällinen, sukka jalassa kuva on seuraavalta päivältä kun olimme Esplanadin puistossa mieheni kanssa piknikillä ja merituuli vilvoitti sen verran että kykenin pitämään sukkia jalassa kuvaushetken.

No comments: